Competitive edge with design
COMPETITIVE EDGE WITH DESIGN
Design is more than just creating a beautiful appearance. Combining user-oriented design with expertise in technology, digitalisation, materials and marketing provides the keys to success! The utilisation of design allows businesses to increase the attractiveness of their products and the profitability of their production.
The significance of design and expertise in design to a business’ success continues to grow. Products and services have to be developed and designed for the global market from the perspective of the customers and their needs.
Investments in product development and design have also been proven to be directly linked to a business’ success. In addition to large businesses, an increasing number of SMEs have begun utilising design in developing their business operations and competitive advantage.
Digitalisation has kicked off a transition in the service of customers and people, and it also offers endless opportunities. Human-oriented (user-oriented) design plays a key role as an enabler of business growth.
LADEC assists businesses in the Lahti region in developing new, competitive products and services in a sustainable way that takes the needs, wishes and opinions of the users, customers and residents into account!
LADEC’s design advice for businesses
- We’ll advise your business on harnessing user-oriented product and service design, brand and marketing communications and turning them into ways to succeed and grow.
- Assessment of your situation and design needs: Current situation, goals, challenges and needs.
- Preparing a design strategy and action plans and transforming them into practical measures, such as development projects.
- We’ll help and advise you impartially and free of charge on finding and selecting suitable external professionals in design, product development and marketing. -> Design Lahti FIND service search website (FI).
- Workshops as support for product and service development: We’ll gather together experts of various fields to consider your company’s development challenge.
- The Lahen D product development panel: Surveying the opinions of the city region’s residents (users) in the product development phase of products and services.
- Urban design & development of the public sector services: Lahen D resident user experiences and opinions data in order to develop the city environment and public services.
Contact us so that we can consider together how design can be made into a competitive advantage for your business! Or how we can assist your municipality in designing urban environmental sites and public services.
IN THE LAHTI REGION, DESIGN IS IN THE GENES
In the Lahti region, well-known businesses such as Isku, Kemppi, Luhta and Stala have been utilising the local top expertise in industrial design for years in their product development, in addition to utilising information and feedback provided by users. Over the last few years, many smaller and younger businesses have also begun to utilise design as one of their success factors.
And why shouldn’t they, when Lahti is home to the Institute of Design of the Lahti University of Applied Sciences, the number one educational institution in its field in Finland and known and recognised around the world!
Design produces new business, increasingly functional public services and welcoming environments in the Lahti region, in addition to creating new jobs and increasing well-being. Through the cooperation of designers, companies, students and residents. By working together and supporting sustainable development.
LADEC is involved in the promotion of the design expertise in the Lahti region and the development of services and operating environments that increase the use of design. We help higher education institutions, municipalities and businesses in the region find each other and work together to successfully utilise the design expertise in the Lahti region.
Read more about design in Lahti – all the things that it offers to businesses, the city, designers, residents: services, tools, information...